Forum: Ruby Problems installing libxml

B72ab479e51f9e65c8f4980aafea90ec?d=identicon&s=25 veganjen (Guest)
Hi, everyone,

I'm having trouble installing libxml-ruby and was hoping someone here
could
help. I've run into the same problem on both Mac OS X Tiger and Ubuntu
Linux
Dapper Drake (6.06 LTS).  I've most recently tried installing on Dapper
where I installed Ruby 1.8.5 from source.  I've tried both installing
the
gem for the latest stable release (0.3.8.4) and also using the tarball
for
0.4.0pre01 (although the gem the Rakefile creates is called
libxml-ruby-0.3.9.1.gem). Neither works.

Here's what I get when I try to install the development release:

> No definition for ruby_xml_html_parser_filename_get
>

> Enclosing class/module 'mXML' for class Reader not known
>
> Enclosing class/module 'mXML' for class Attribute not known
>
> No definition for input_callbacks_register_input_callbacks
>
> No definition for input_callbacks_add_scheme
>
> No definition for input_callbacks_remove_scheme

Any suggestions?

Thanks!