Forum: Ruby on Rails Open Source Feed Reader application?

523a59ba0e90cc27846681ad44544004?d=identicon&s=25 Antonio Eggberg (Guest)
on 2007-02-18 19:57
Hi:

I am looking for a web based feed reader. All I can find is Velakor
feeds (http://velakor.com/?page_id=47)which is at least an active
project. Does anyone know of any other active feed reader rails app? it
would be nice to compare before deciding on Velakor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
2669184188132c74d55b4523d511f83f?d=identicon&s=25 ajubyruby@gmail.com (Guest)
You might want to try out ajuby (http://ajuby.openapp.org)

It has feed reader as part of the rss-to-email subscription module.

What are you exactly looking in an ideal feed reader. We can roll some
of that in the next release.

Brij

On Feb 18, 10:57 am, Antonio Eggberg <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-
523a59ba0e90cc27846681ad44544004?d=identicon&s=25 Antonio Eggberg (Guest)
on 2007-02-19 08:21
ajubyruby@gmail.com wrote:
> You might want to try out ajuby (http://ajuby.openapp.org)

Thanks for the tip. I have seen your site before but i was not sure
if the project was very active. Seems like you have started it again ..
Cheers.

> It has feed reader as part of the rss-to-email subscription module.
>
> What are you exactly looking in an ideal feed reader. We can roll some
> of that in the next release.

Google Reader! in my opinion its the ideal and simple. Is this something
you
have in mind. Velakor feeds seems to have that but it uses extensively
mysql i.e. hardwired so Its a bit of trouble cos my requirement is
postgres...I will
try to give yours a try..Let me know what are your plans regarding feed
reading.. it would be nice not to re-invent this again..