Forum: Typo Subscriber Access

Ed52c0d47479c25eee49ec92b366d880?d=identicon&s=25 Robert Sanford (Guest)
I'm looking for a blog server that will allow me to restrict access to
certain blogs, typically by department membership for internal blogs
but we also want to limit access to some of our public blog servers
based on the level of support that our customers have purchased.

Does Typo support that?

Many thanks!

rjsjr
42b570f6f4312a872c2fc671e3ddc82b?d=identicon&s=25 Trejkaz (Guest)
On Saturday 17 February 2007 08:21, Robert Sanford wrote:
> I'm looking for a blog server that will allow me to restrict access to
> certain blogs, typically by department membership for internal blogs
> but we also want to limit access to some of our public blog servers
> based on the level of support that our customers have purchased.
>
> Does Typo support that?

Sounds more like a job for access control (e.g. in Apache) than a job
for a
webapp.

TX
3fd97b8297aab3006334d746f7c10b3d?d=identicon&s=25 Scott Bronson (Guest)
Or a full-blown CMS!  I don't think Typo (or, indeed, most blogging
engines) could be easily modified to do this.  Maybe look at Drupal,
Joomla, or something like that?
C001a15ec638c331f3d568d2baa1cfcf?d=identicon&s=25 Stephan Lichtenauer (Guest)
Be98e024732613d3bd377f28d4a31719?d=identicon&s=25 Ernie Oporto (Guest)
You're looking for the similarly named Typo3 from typo3.com
We use that on a LAMP system for allowing department membership based on
Active Directory memberships.
It has all sorts of plugins for inserting into the pages, including
blogs.
E6d970c47c9a1945fad0fb604b3a15a2?d=identicon&s=25 Linda Derezinski (Guest)
Drupal does what you want with organic groups.  I am using it on another
each use has their own blog and then by groups you can control access to
the
various blogs.  Users can belong to none or many groups.

-Linda
Be98e024732613d3bd377f28d4a31719?d=identicon&s=25 Ernie Oporto (Guest)
Is there a way in Drupal to have a group blog that all those people have
access to and only those people?
Do they have any Wiki plugins?