Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 [ANN] Ruby-GNOME2 0.90.6

The Ruby-GNOME2 project released Ruby-GNOME2 0.90.6:
  http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ruby-gnome2/ruby-...
  http://downloads.sourceforge.net/ruby-gnome2/ruby-...

=== Summary

  * Removed deprecated packages. They are in:
      https://ruby-gnome2.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/ru...
    * Ruby/Bonobo
    * Ruby/BonoboUI
    * Ruby/GConf
    * Ruby/GNOME2
    * Ruby/GnomeCanvas
    * Ruby/GnomePrint
    * Ruby/GnomePrintUI
    * Ruby/GnomeVFS
    * Ruby/GtkGLExt
    * Ruby/GtkHTML2
    * Ruby/GtkSourceView
    * Ruby/Libart
    * Ruby/Libglade
    * Ruby/PanelApplet
  * ALl supported packages (including experimental packages)
    support RubyGems.
    * Ruby/ATK
    * Ruby/GdkPixbuf2
    * Ruby/GLib2
    * Ruby/GIO2
    * Ruby/GLib2
    * Ruby/GooCanvas
    * Ruby/GStreamer
    * Ruby/GTK2
    * Ruby/GtkMozEmbed
    * Ruby/GtkSourceView2
    * Ruby/Pango
    * Ruby/Poppler
    * Ruby/RSVG2
    * Ruby/VTE
  * All supported packages except the followin packages
    support also RubyGems that include Windows binary.
    * Ruby/Gstreamer
    * Ruby/GtkMozEmbed
    * Ruby/VTE

=== Changes

==== All

  * remove all deprecated packages.
    [Masaaki Aoyagi]
  * all supported packages support RubyGems.
    [Masaaki Aoyagi]

==== Ruby/GLib2

  * Imrpovements
    * add gnome2-raketask.rb that is a utility library to
      define Rake tasks for Ruby-GNOME2 packages.
      [Masaaki Aoyagi, Kouhei Sutou]

  * Fixes
    * fix GType conversion.
      [Kouhei Sutou]
    * fix rcairo installed by RubyGems detection.
      [Masaaki Aoyagi]

==== Ruby/GIO2

  * Improvements
    * support GIO 2.26.
      [Nikolai Weibull]

==== Ruby/GStreamer

  * Improvements
    * add Gst::MissingURISourceMessage.
      [Vincent Carmona, Kouhei Sutou]
    * support RubyGems.
      [Masaaki Aoyagi]

==== Ruby/Pango

  * Fixes
    * rename Pango::LayoutIter#at_last_line! to
      at_last_line? because at_last_line is a predicate
      method. (at_last_line! still exists for backward compatibility.)
      [mrkn, Kouhei Sutou]

==== Ruby/GtkMozEmbed

  * Improvements
    * support RubyGems.
  * Fixes
    * support "2.0b7" style module version. #3141244
      [reandr, Kouhei Sutou]
      [Masaaki Aoyagi]

==== Ruby/GooCanvas

  * Improvements
    * support RubyGems.
      [Masaaki Aoyagi]

==== Ruby/GtkSourceView2

  * Improvements
    * support RubyGems.
      [Masaaki Aoyagi]

==== Ruby/VTE

  * Improvements
    * support RubyGems.
      [Masaaki Aoyagi]

=== Thanks

  * Vincent Carmona
  * mrkn
  * reandr
  * Nikolai Weibull
  * Masaaki Aoyagi

kou
820308d5db420d7f0e1d0ba97e09f520?d=identicon&s=25 Grant McLean (Guest)
Hi kou

Is there a process for unremoving/undeprecating packages?

There was a discussion a long time ago about the fact that the
PanelApplet package was marked as deprecated.  There really didn't seem
to be any reason apart from the module having no designated
'maintainer'.  But as the code was working, there didn't seem to be any
reason to remove it.  Since that time, the PanelApplet code was updated
by Detlef Reichl.

Has something changed that means the code stopped working?  Is there
something new that needs to be done to it for gem support?

Regards
Grant

In <1296427294.19957.97.camel@putnam>
  "Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] [ANN] Ruby-GNOME2 0.90.6" on Mon, 31 Jan
2011 11:41:34 +1300,
  Grant McLean <grant@mclean.net.nz> wrote:

> Is there a process for unremoving/undeprecating packages?

  0. The package isn't deprecated by the GTK+/GNOME team.
  1. We need an *active* maintainer for it.

> There was a discussion a long time ago about the fact that the
> PanelApplet package was marked as deprecated.  There really didn't seem
> to be any reason apart from the module having no designated
> 'maintainer'.  But as the code was working, there didn't seem to be any
> reason to remove it.  Since that time, the PanelApplet code was updated
> by Detlef Reichl.

No maintainer is a serious problem for us...
If our release includes a deprecated package and ithas a
bug, we will need to fix it. But we should work on supported
packages instead of deprecated packages. We only have
limited resources.

> Has something changed that means the code stopped working?  Is there
> something new that needs to be done to it for gem support?

No. We still need just an *active* maintainer.

I'm sorry about our limited resources...

kou
Existing account

No account? Register here.