Forum: Ruby on Rails observer in a view -> update a field? huh?

39025a7f572d6fe464e1fe6be399ca3b?d=identicon&s=25 Mike Dershowitz (mdersh53)
on 2007-02-15 21:38
Help.

General question.  Need some background or a link to a tutorial, etc.

Got a value on a page.  The value measures time_ago_in_words since a
task completed.  When i load/refresh the page, the time_ago updates,
simple.

I want to make the time_ago update at regular intervals - essentially a
count-up of time.  All I really need to do is get the this task complete
date/time to refresh every 1 minute or so.

No idea how to make this happen - I would imagine something with the
observe_field helper?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike
Hi Mike,

Mike Dershowitz wrote:
> All I really need to do is get the this task complete
> date/time to refresh every 1 minute or so.

See periodically_call_remote at http://api.rubyonrails.org/

hth,
Bill