Forum: Ruby RSCM and subversion

B1fa6123d7c261e6a88e0b65efcf234a?d=identicon&s=25 Craig Beck (Guest)
Anyone know how to get the svn revision number of a locally checked-
out working copy via rscm?

I've hacked about a bit in irb to see how things work (the docs are a
little thin) but this one thing has eluded me. It can tell me if the
WC is not the current version -- but only the current version AFAIK
which is different from (a) the actual checked-out revision and (b)
is the current local revision up-to-date (which does not mean == to
the HEAD revision)

Am I just blind, or does rscm lack the ability to tell me what the
revision number is a la `svn info`? (and yes, I can fall back to
parsing the output of `svn info`

--
Craig Beck

AIM: kreiggers
D895471fbc8b3b1233a250186d542af8?d=identicon&s=25 Alexey Verkhovsky (alexeyv)
Craig Beck wrote:
> Am I just blind, or does rscm lack the ability to tell me what the
> revision number is a la `svn info`? (and yes, I can fall back to
> parsing the output of `svn info`
We have just solved this problem, and you can probably adopt some code
from here:
http://rubyforge.org/viewvc/trunk/app/models/subve...
Specifically, look for Subversion#latest_revision method.

Best regards,
Alex Verkhovsky