Forum: Ruby curses library and threads

27aea438b4e0647e9352bf017a37afc9?d=identicon&s=25 pedro mg (Guest)

i believe curses lib comes with ruby 1.8.5.
I have 2 questions that are consuming me hours. How can i get
documentation on ruby curses lib ? Methods, constants, etc, sourcecode,
etc. Shell "$ ri Curses" does not report anything.
I installed another Ncurses lib that seems to be more complete, but i'd
like to know if the "standard" curses lib fits my needs.

I have another problem with threads and Ncurses:
- i created a thread to print out a counter, in a ncurses window
- another thread to get a string with wgetstr(win, str) in another
window

The code works fine, but the counter stops until Enter is pressed on
wgetstr. Then it keeps counting until the code gets to the wgetstr()
again. So, can wgetstr() stop threads from running simultaneously ?
3da82a61d5fbd74242cc6f671a5a32e4?d=identicon&s=25 Nicolas Desprès (Guest)
On Feb 15, 4:25 am, pedro mg <_nospam_s...@tquadrado.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

> i believe curses lib comes with ruby 1.8.5.
> I have 2 questions that are consuming me hours. How can i get
> documentation on ruby curses lib ? Methods, constants, etc, sourcecode,
> etc. Shell "$ ri Curses" does not report anything.

You can get some help here:

http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/

Nico
Nicolas Desprès wrote:
> You can get some help here:
> http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/
>
> Nico

Nico, thank you. I just looked in ruby-doc.org/core
That's it, stdlib ;)