Forum: Ruby on Rails Routing error with popup

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
Kim (Guest)
on 2007-02-15 00:48
(Received via mailing list)
I am getting a routing error when trying to open a window with :popup
=> true

I do not get the error on localhost only on the server.

I am only getting a routing error when accessing .../ICA/...

Code
----------
#.../page/list
<%= link_to 'Preview',{ :controller => "ICA", :action => 'index', :id
=> page},:popup => true %>

class ICAController < ApplicationController
...
def index
...
end

Error
--------
Routing Error

Recognition failed for "/ICA/index/91"

Yes - index/91 exists. As I said it works find on my local computer -
just not on the server

Do I need to do something different in the popup call or in the
route.rb? Please help.

Thanks in advance - K
Kim (Guest)
on 2007-02-15 01:15
(Received via mailing list)
This is what my dev logs have to say. I noticed that my paremeters are
not being set - which then makes since why I am getting the error, but
why are my parameters not getting set?

Rendering /var/www/ica/html/trunk/public/../config/../vendor/rails/
actionpack/lib/action_controller/templates/rescues/layout.rhtml (404
Page Not Found)


Processing Base#index (for 128.193.163.30 at 2007-02-14 16:10:25)
[GET]
  Session ID: 85438c4bf9c30288c64258c6fbc4c6ed
  Parameters: {} # no parameters ??


ActionController::RoutingError (Recognition failed for "/ICA/index/
112"):
    /vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/routing.rb:522:in
`recognition_failed'
    /vendor/rails/actionpack/lib/action_controller/routing.rb:512:in
`recognize!'
    /vendor/rails/railties/lib/dispatcher.rb:38:in `dispatch'
    /var/www/ica/html/trunk/public/dispatch.cgi:10
Kim (Guest)
on 2007-02-15 01:47
(Received via mailing list)
Thanks to the people on this list, I fixed it.

The problem was that I called it ICA - changed it to Ica and it works.
I guess unix/linux is more case sensitive then window so when I
deployed to a unix box it broke the ICA call.

Thanks.
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.