Forum: Ruby on Rails Looking for help overriding clear_old_version in acts_as_ver

2dd4f0af6b0137e9a0798b1f1abb9b00?d=identicon&s=25 Mike Zornek (Guest)
For a new rails app I'd to utilize a combination of acts_as_versioned
acts_as_paranoid to allow me to track the lifespan of objects (a real

So far it's working fairly well except that when I destroy an Active
object the acts_as_versioned plugin is deleting all of the old versions.
It's using a method called clear_old_version and in the docs it says:

> Clears old revisions if a limit is set with the :limit option in
> acts_as_versioned. Override this method to set your own criteria for clearing
> old versions.

My question is: How do I override it. I added a method to my Active
model but I don't think it's getting called. Perhaps it's because this
clear_old_version is burried in a stack of Modules.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

~ Mike