Forum: Ruby on Rails defect tracking tool with Offline & Online support - any rec

D5df9fcd7ef4c3c937435d7d6adeab2a?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Hauptmann (Guest)
Hi all,

I'm a lone developer at this stage, but am interested in using a defect
tracking tool.  Ideally one which integrates with my SVN repository on
dreamhost (i.e. ability to say tell me all files touched to fix defect
XYZ),
but this is a nice to have.

I develop quite a bit offline however so the defect tracking tool on my
Macbook would need to be online/offline capable.  If necessary it could
be a
totally installed on my Macbook, but ideally the repository would be on
my
dreamhost server from a backup/accessibility point.

Any ideas/recommendations?  i.e. besides a text editor  :)

Cheers
Greg
21f217fbece2b47ce72cd60ffb32b869?d=identicon&s=25 bryanl (Guest)
Hi!

On Feb 13, 5:59 pm, "Greg Hauptmann" <greg.hauptmann.r...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> dreamhost server from a backup/accessibility point.
>
> Any ideas/recommendations?  i.e. besides a text editor  :)

I know we are ruby folks, but Trac[1] does work (even if it is
python).  You could also
have a look at Retrospectiva[2], which is a Rails application.

1: http://www.edgewall.com/trac/
2: http://retrospectiva.org
D5df9fcd7ef4c3c937435d7d6adeab2a?d=identicon&s=25 Greg Hauptmann (Guest)
tks bryan - re my offline needs, are you suggesting to install these
products on my Macbook and run locally?
21f217fbece2b47ce72cd60ffb32b869?d=identicon&s=25 Bryan Liles (Guest)
On Feb 13, 2007, at 6:57 PM, Greg Hauptmann wrote:

> > Macbook would need to be online/offline capable.  If necessary it
>
> 1: http://www.edgewall.com/trac/
> 2: http://retrospectiva.org

Yes, I am suggest to run the applications locally.