Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Ruby YouTube Library 0.8.5 Released

363548d0cfaaa4bab88747f31ad49c02?d=identicon&s=25 Shane Vitarana (Guest)
This library has been discussed here before, but I just realized that I
never did an official announcement to the group.  It is basically a Ruby
wrapper around YouTube's REST API, and currently implements all the
available methods.  It also includes a convenience method to easily
embed a
video in a Rails view.

Install with 'gem install youtube'.

RubyForge home: http://rubyforge.org/projects/youtube/
Rdoc: http://youtube.shanesbrain.net/

Blog posts:
http://shanesbrain.net/articles/2007/02/12/more-yo...
http://shanesbrain.net/articles/2006/11/21/ruby_yo...
http://shanesbrain.net/articles/2006/09/28/a-ruby-...

Enjoy!
Shane Vitarana
F0dd48b0d65fb23e2a3a4d22bde87705?d=identicon&s=25 Matt Stone (Guest)
on 2007-02-13 09:22
Hi Shane,

I've just tried to install this & received this error.

C:\rails\test\trunk>gem install youtube
ERROR:  While executing gem ... (OpenURI::HTTPError)
    404 Not Found

looks like a lot of fun though.

Shane Vitarana wrote:
> This library has been discussed here before, but I just realized that I
> never did an official announcement to the group.  It is basically a Ruby
> wrapper around YouTube's REST API, and currently implements all the
> available methods.  It also includes a convenience method to easily
> embed a
> video in a Rails view.
>
> Install with 'gem install youtube'.
>
> RubyForge home: http://rubyforge.org/projects/youtube/
> Rdoc: http://youtube.shanesbrain.net/
>
> Blog posts:
> http://shanesbrain.net/articles/2007/02/12/more-yo...
> http://shanesbrain.net/articles/2006/11/21/ruby_yo...
> http://shanesbrain.net/articles/2006/09/28/a-ruby-...
>
> Enjoy!
> Shane Vitarana
363548d0cfaaa4bab88747f31ad49c02?d=identicon&s=25 Shane Vitarana (Guest)
It looks like you are having trouble accessing the gem server or one of
its
mirrors.  Give it another shot and see if it works, using:

sudo gem install youtube --include-dependencies

Shane