Forum: GNU Radio Trying to capture/play FM.

0c03bff8ade87b38c3f5bd7f11a387b4?d=identicon&s=25 George Barrinuevo (Guest)
I am new to USRP.  I am using usrp_rx_cfile.py to
capture FM stations and using wfm_rcv_file.py to play
them.  Say I want to capture FM at 95.8Mhz.  What
parameters should I use when calling usrp_rx_cfile.py?
 I also want to play the captured data using only the
default parameters to wfm_rcv_file.py.

When I tried it, the playback sounds like the sound is
playing in slow motion.  Also, to stop
wfm_rcv_file.py, I simply did a ctrl-C.  Is ctrl-C the
correct method to stop recording?

Thanks,

George Barrinuevo
george_barr@yahoo.com
815d7689c14621a2a5ed60b8bcde29b8?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Stankevitz (Guest)
George Barrinuevo wrote:
> When I tried it, the playback sounds like the sound is
> playing in slow motion.

This means you are playing it back with a different sample rate than the
one you used to record it.

The recording and playback script should have parameters for sample
rate.  Make sure you use the same number in each.

Chris