Forum: Ruby on Rails Re: using form_tag inside a helper

E1f43bafda26307a050d11902752b2a6?d=identicon&s=25 Ball, Donald A Jr (Library) (Guest)
> >   form_tag do
> I've been wondering this too! Nothing I've done seems to work.
> Only downside I've found to the new way.

Poking through the source, I note that the form_tag method uses the
concat method if a block is given, which looks like it ends up writing
directly to _erbout (via an eval call - which would seem to be an overly
slow way of going about it...) Absent a quick redef of that method
around the form_tag call, I don't see a way to use form_tag inside a
helper. Tch.

- donald