Forum: Ruby Camping Install -Without Gems

F04efaee460b2ace5575870a4632287d?d=identicon&s=25 Matt (Guest)
on 2007-02-12 02:34
Hey!

So the plan was to rent out a small development server to test a proof
of concept design with camping, and then to port it to a more expensive
server upon success.  The server only has 64 MB of ram. Upon running gem
update, YAML.rb generates a segmentation fault.  After a little
searching all signs pointed to a lack of memory.

To fix this I quickly downloaded all the tarballs and used ruby setup.rb
and ruby install.rb on active record and markaby.  I then grabbed
camping and untarred it.  I copied camping to the bin directory and
tried to run camping blog.rb in the example folder.

Alas, I received this error: /usr/bin/camping:8:in `require': no such
file to load -- camping (LoadError)

I am at a lost of where to go next

Thanks allot!

Matt
77f306388bb6ae00ac0b0401e27cdc99?d=identicon&s=25 Chad Fowler (Guest)
On 2/11/07, Matt <wilsom8@rpi.edu> wrote:
> camping and untarred it.  I copied camping to the bin directory and
> tried to run camping blog.rb in the example folder.
>
> Alas, I received this error: /usr/bin/camping:8:in `require': no such
> file to load -- camping (LoadError)
>
> I am at a lost of where to go next

Looks like you're missing the camping.rb file which the camping script
is looking for.  You'll need to install it into site_ruby or some
other load path accessible location (like you did for active record
and markaby, though i'm not sure if camping has a setup.rb).

Chad