Forum: Ruby fib_example.rb

970d33732fa4cad117142d9de99f34bd?d=identicon&s=25 Rae (Guest)
I am reading the Programming Ruby book by Dave Thomas (2nd edition)
and he mentions a trick when you want to use irb to try example code
and directs you how to load "code/rdoc/fib_example.rb". I just
downloaded the latest version of Ruby and I can't find any such file.
I also can't find a code folder or is "code" as used in that line a
programming directive?
181af584c3f0598b18cedfaf32b68eb5?d=identicon&s=25 Samantha (Guest)
On 2/10/07, Rae <Raeka8@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am reading the Programming Ruby book by Dave Thomas (2nd edition)
> and he mentions a trick when you want to use irb to try example code
> and directs you how to load "code/rdoc/fib_example.rb". I just
> downloaded the latest version of Ruby and I can't find any such file.
> I also can't find a code folder or is "code" as used in that line a
> programming directive?

Not 100% sure, so I apologize in advance if I'm wrong. (It happens quite
frequently, as a matter of fact.)  In any case, the 'code' for the book
is
at:

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/ruby/cod...

I'm not sure if they're referring to that or not, but just in case,
there it
is.  :)
--
Samantha

http://www.babygeek.org/

"Beware when the great God lets loose a thinker on this planet. Then all
things are at risk."
  --Ralph Waldo Emerson