Forum: Ruby Rubyforge.org question

Announcement (2017-05-07): www.ruby-forum.com is now read-only since I unfortunately do not have the time to support and maintain the forum any more. Please see rubyonrails.org/community and ruby-lang.org/en/community for other Rails- und Ruby-related community platforms.
F50f5d582d76f98686da34917531fe56?d=identicon&s=25 Peter Szinek (Guest)
on 2007-02-09 12:09
(Received via mailing list)
Hi,

Is there a possibility to monitor everything on Rubyforge? (trackers,
forums...) - I can monitor bugs if they are already there, but I would
like to monitor everything automatically - if I have a new bug report,
forum post, anything I would like to be notified.

Is this doable at the moment? (sorry I am brand new to RubyForge so
maybe I just overlooked something).

TIA,
Peter

__
http://www.rubyrails.com :: Ruby and Web2.0 blog
http://scrubyt.org :: Ruby web scraping framework
31e038e4e9330f6c75ccfd1fca8010ee?d=identicon&s=25 Gregory Brown (Guest)
on 2007-02-09 16:15
(Received via mailing list)
On 2/9/07, Peter Szinek <peter@rubyrailways.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a possibility to monitor everything on Rubyforge? (trackers,
> forums...) - I can monitor bugs if they are already there, but I would
> like to monitor everything automatically - if I have a new bug report,
> forum post, anything I would like to be notified.

Bug reports should (IIRC) get emailed to you automatically.

Forums may be monitored by hitting the 'monitor forum' button in each
forum.
This will notify you every time a forum post is made.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing (at a glance) a 'monitor everything' bit.
  If it helps, we're running a fairly vanilla GForge app, so you might
be able to find this out by searching the GForge documentation...

If you have further questions about RubyForge, the best place to post
them is the RubyForge forum[0]

Also, feel free to post over there if you find a solution to this
problem so that I can put it in the FAQ.

warm regards,
-greg

[0] http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=2
9718dd5bf9bc3205fa909971925c1a85?d=identicon&s=25 flevour (Guest)
on 2007-02-09 16:25
(Received via mailing list)
You may setup something via the brand new http://pipes.yahoo.com/ and
make it freely available to everyone.
My 0.002 millicents.
Francesco Levorato aka flevour
4299e35bacef054df40583da2d51edea?d=identicon&s=25 James Gray (bbazzarrakk)
on 2007-02-09 17:37
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 9, 2007, at 9:14 AM, Gregory Brown wrote:

> Bug reports should (IIRC) get emailed to you automatically.
I'm pretty sure you have to set the trackers to email you.  This is
covered in the RubyForge FAQ:

http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/5/460/faq.html#notify

James Edward Gray II
Cd49db0b676767ea4358b1047c4cddd2?d=identicon&s=25 Robin Stocker (Guest)
on 2007-02-09 17:37
(Received via mailing list)
flevour schrieb:
> You may setup something via the brand new http://pipes.yahoo.com/ and
> make it freely available to everyone.
> My 0.002 millicents.
> Francesco Levorato aka flevour

Wow, that's only 0.000002 cents or 0.00000002 dollars.

Sorry, could not resist, it reminded me of Verizonmath :).

http://www.verizonmath.com/transcript.htm
Aee77dba395ece0a04c688b05b07cd63?d=identicon&s=25 Daniel Berger (Guest)
on 2007-02-09 17:46
(Received via mailing list)
On Feb 9, 9:34 am, James Edward Gray II <j...@grayproductions.net>
wrote:
> >> forum post, anything I would like to be notified.
>
> > Bug reports should (IIRC) get emailed to you automatically.
>
> I'm pretty sure you have to set the trackers to email you.  This is
> covered in the RubyForge FAQ:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/docman/view.php/5/460/faq.html#notify

Unfortunately, that's how things work at the moment. I put in a
feature request for this a while ago:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail...

Tom submitted this to GForge and they agreed that it was a good idea.
However, I don't know if it was ever actually implemented.

Regards,

Dan
This topic is locked and can not be replied to.