Forum: Ruby on Rails Functional tests broken in 1.2.2?

3504745159d79c585e4f7df8df76aa10?d=identicon&s=25 Ingo Weiss (ingoweiss)

I upgraded to 1.2.2 and many of my functional tests broke. It seems like
passing stuff into the session using the following syntax doesn't work:

get :index, {}, {:user_id => '1'}

In the debugger I could clearly see that the :user_id didn't make it
into the session. Did the syntax for doing this change, or is this a
bug?

Ingo
59ea1b450935b9d70abfec4186b7a4d5?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Coleman (progressions)
on 2007-02-08 22:03
Ingo Weiss wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I upgraded to 1.2.2 and many of my functional tests broke. It seems like
> passing stuff into the session using the following syntax doesn't work:
>
> get :index, {}, {:user_id => '1'}
>
> In the debugger I could clearly see that the :user_id didn't make it
> into the session. Did the syntax for doing this change, or is this a
> bug?
>
> Ingo

I just posted about this a few minutes ago :)

Apparently the correct syntax is now:

@request.session[:user_id] = '1'
get :index

Jeff
24d2f8804e6bb4b7ea6bd11e0a586470?d=identicon&s=25 Jeremy Kemper (Guest)
> > into the session. Did the syntax for doing this change, or is this a
> > bug?
> >
> > Ingo
>
> I just posted about this a few minutes ago :)
>
> Apparently the correct syntax is now:
>
> @request.session[:user_id] = '1'
> get :index

What Ingo has should work. This is a bug and will be fixed in 1.2.3!

Sorry for letting the regression slip in, all.

jeremy
59ea1b450935b9d70abfec4186b7a4d5?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Coleman (progressions)
on 2007-02-08 23:23
Jeremy Kemper wrote:
>> > into the session. Did the syntax for doing this change, or is this a
>> > bug?
>> >
>> > Ingo
>>
>> I just posted about this a few minutes ago :)
>>
>> Apparently the correct syntax is now:
>>
>> @request.session[:user_id] = '1'
>> get :index
>

> What Ingo has should work. This is a bug and will be fixed in 1.2.3!
>
> Sorry for letting the regression slip in, all.
>
> jeremy

Thanks, Jeremy!  I was wondering what had happened :)

Jeff