Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Paypal Subscriptions Engine (early preview)

4a06d387963f5d1a0f49671153cb8866?d=identicon&s=25 Kyle Maxwell (Guest)
This is mostly functional, but requiring a bit of work to work for a
production environment.  I'm mostly looking for feedback and possibly
some useful patches if anyone feels inclined.

SVN:
http://svn.kylemaxwell.com/rails_plugins/paypal_su...

Rdoc:
http://svn.kylemaxwell.com/rails_plugins/paypal_su...

-Kyle
40db9e75b3f5899258e3bdc0c9210154?d=identicon&s=25 Conrad Taylor (Guest)
Hi, I have the following comments:

a)  Shouldn't one install the Engines plugin first?

b)  I would highly recommend producing a complete and detail example of
how
     to use your engine.  Just a thought.

c)  What work is required to make this production ready?

I'll try to play with it with the information given.

Good luck,

-Conrad
4a06d387963f5d1a0f49671153cb8866?d=identicon&s=25 Kyle Maxwell (Guest)
> a)  Shouldn't one install the Engines plugin first?

The order of installation doesn't matter.

> b)  I would highly recommend producing a complete and detail example of how
>      to use your engine.  Just a thought.

I'm getting to it.

> c)  What work is required to make this production ready?

1. Better test coverage.
2. Fixtures that don't use real people's information (that's why
there's a fixture missing from SVN)
3. More useful methods on the PaypalSubscription class.

-Kyle