Forum: Ruby on Rails connection failure when SQL server is reset

E2489efc6ec10ec818b71965909ea109?d=identicon&s=25 jinslee (Guest)
Hey guys,

I have a rails app using SQL Server. The application server has Win2000,
Apache 2 + scgi. The database server is Win2000 + SQL Server. When the
database server is rebooted, the rails application returns the following
error: Connection failure: connection reset by peer. Now, I have no
control
over when the database gets rebooted, that is in the hands of the db
folks.
It seems to me that rails likes to open a db connection and keep it open
for
the lifetime of the rails app. In the event of a reboot, it throws back
an
error, as it still thinks it has a connection. Is there any way
workaround
for this?

Thanks,

Jin
24d2f8804e6bb4b7ea6bd11e0a586470?d=identicon&s=25 jeremy (Guest)