Forum: Ruby HELP: Can't seem to 'require' libxml under MacOS X

219fcd6acd2770ee252cc4c08aa13bf6?d=identicon&s=25 unknown (Guest)
I've installed Ruby under MacOS X Tiger (or upgraded it) via Fink, and
I've also installed gems.  Using gems, I installed libxml-ruby.  For
whatever reason, however, putting "require 'xml/libxml'" into a Ruby
program gives me an error:

LoadError:  no such file to load xml/libxml

When search through spotlight, I do find files related to it, but the
usual way of requiring them doesn't work.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!
On Feb 5, 7:53 pm, theo...@gmail.com wrote:

> LoadError:  no such file to load xml/libxml

Note:  I read something about needing to first "require 'rubygems'",
but that doesn't help.
F9646277392b8d8d718ef457696a0423?d=identicon&s=25 ryan.raaum@gmail.com (Guest)
On Feb 5, 7:53 pm, theo...@gmail.com wrote:
> Any idea what I might be doing wrong?