Forum: GNU Radio gr-trellis visual representation of FSM as a trellis

93bcc40cd07916689fe7de8afde22af1?d=identicon&s=25 Tim Meehan (Guest)
Hello All,

I spent some time today debugging hand written FSM descriptions which
I typoed.  To help me find my errors I wrote a quick routine to
generate a trellis representation of the FSM in the form of an SVG
file.

I have attached a couple examples for the examples provided
awgn2o4_4.fsm and disconnected.fsm

The method I added to the fsm class is also attached.   To use it you
would have to put this in the fsm.cc file and make the required mods
to fsm.h and fsm.i

Let me know if anyone has a better way to do this.

Tim
On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 05:46:44PM -0500, Tim Meehan wrote:

> The method I added to the fsm class is also attached.   To use it you
> would have to put this in the fsm.cc file and make the required mods
> to fsm.h and fsm.i
>
> Let me know if anyone has a better way to do this.
>
> Tim

Cool!

I'd love to add this, possible renamed to write_trellis_svg.

We'll need a copyright assignment to FSF for this.  My next message to
you will have the form to get this started.

Thanks!
Eric