This is really a Rails question, I suppose, but in context its a Radiant problem John graciously supplied us with a script <tt>script/set-up_database</tt> that preloaded some templates, snippets and pages. Its not quite a Rake task, but ... it does load content from YAML files. Now Rake out of the box can dump and load the schema and dump the database structure to a SQL file. But what I need to do is dump a Sqlite3 database and restore a MySQL database. Its like this: I've put together a small site for a local club (aka non-profit) which has about 100 members. The idea is that the 'board' can keep it up to date since the kid who volunteered to run the site for them has fallen down on the job. I've run up a demo on my laptop and they are happy with that. I now have to put up the live site on an ISP. This means dumping the content of the database on my laptop (Sq lite3) and restoring it on the ISPs server (MySQL) I'm a little surprised that Rails doesn't have this. Or am I mistaken? What I've found on the web tells me it isn't. I did find code that has different patches for Sqlite, MySQL and Postgress, but doesn't work with Sqlite3. http://www.realityforge.org/articles/2005/12/14/du... http://www.realityforge.org/files/dump_fixtures.rake http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/posts/show/3393 Am I missing something 'cos I'm not a RoR coder? I would have thought this a common and obvious task. -- Never criticise somebody until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That way, they're a mile away, and you have their shoes.
on 2007-02-02 17:47
on 2007-02-14 02:26
I have a site developed on my laptop with Mental The two markup extensions are there in code and body and work. I deploy to a server via FTP. Now the markup isn't happening. The code is still there under /vendor/extensions Running script/console tells me the extensions_meta table is there and has entries the same as on the laptop, but the rendering isn't happening. In admin mode on the server the 'extensions' tab shows noting - which I have a problem reconciling. Pressing 'update' causes a crash. The code was FTP'd across from the laptop to the server. Oh. The other thing. The "pages/snippets/templates" tabs are missing. /a -- The plot was designed in a light vein that somehow became varicose. -- David Lardner