Forum: Ruby on Rails Any plugins to facilitate IMAP?

4e1e96c1731488ca82f1e0a83a74ecd0?d=identicon&s=25 Fred (Guest)
Hi everyone,

I would like to createa small IMAP web interface for some special
needs at a company (semi-automatic answering of   forms).  Basically
we received an email generated by a web form that has been filled out
by a user.  We then have basically 2 answers: yes/no (and the
occasional free-form answer for those that don't fit in the mold).

I was wondering if anyone had come up with some kind of plugin/engine/
add-on type thing to facilitate playing with IMAP (like incorporating
it in ActiveRecord or something).

3e6bbd5a01437feec48adf3838b15d91?d=identicon&s=25 askegg (Guest)
On Feb 2, 10:26 am, "Fred" <> wrote:
> it in ActiveRecord or something).
> Thanks,
> Fred

If the web visitors are filling in a form, why not handle the answers
in the application?

Another way might be to use ActiveMailer (
classes/ActionMailer/Base.html) to send and receive emails from your
application (you can actually pipe incoming emails directly to your

If you still want to implement IMAP it should be pretty easy as it is
part of the Ruby core -