Forum: Ruby on Rails in_place_editor_field and custom highlight color?

Cb5c782750e50e8d46dc46b80b14455c?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff C. (progressions)
on 2007-01-31 03:02
Is there a way to set the starting and ending highlight colors when
using the built-in helper in_place_editor_field?  I'm looking through
the code now and I'm not having any luck finding the right syntax.

Thanks,
Jeff Coleman
Benjamin Ritcey (Guest)
Jeff Coleman wrote:

> Is there a way to set the starting and ending highlight colors when
> using the built-in helper in_place_editor_field?  I'm looking through
> the code now and I'm not having any luck finding the right syntax.
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff Coleman

Just did this a few minutes ago:

From AWDWRv2, page 548 (in the PDF, anyway):

div.auto_complete {
  width: 350px;
  background: #fff ;
}
div.auto_complete ul {
  border:1px solid #888 ;
  margin:0;
  padding:0;
  width:100%;
  list-style-type:none;
}
div.auto_complete ul li {
  margin:0;
  padding:3px;
}
div.auto_complete ul li.selected {
  background-color: #ffb ;
}
div.auto_complete ul strong.highlight {
  color: #800 ;
  margin:0;
  padding:0;
}

Although in my case I ended up with:

div #host_name_auto_complete.auto_complete ul li.selected {
  background-color: #FF9900;
}

Disclaimer - my CSS knowledge is pitiful, so perhaps someone can point
out why I needed the #... part