Forum: Ruby on Rails Cluster 3 mongrel servers residing in different machines (Wi

1da1fa9da041606ca86bac35fb9e4dbe?d=identicon&s=25 santhu (Guest)
Hi All,

Machine A: has Apache 2.2 doing load balancing, also has DB and 8
mongrel processes I'm using mongrel_cluster . Now, I want to run
Mongrels on Machine's B and C (ie Cluster 3 Mongrels in three
different machines). Is this possible? If possible then, please
describe me the steps required (I'm using windows machines, and
already losdt one week :-( )

Best regards,
Santhu
Hi Santhu,

You might want to signup for the Rails-deploy group on google.  It's a
new
group formed to address just this kind of question.

hth,
Bill
F148ec0cad8ea241b1cfd80e7ec8a7df?d=identicon&s=25 Fredrik (Guest)
Hi Santhu,

I think what Darushin explained would be the most common setup.

Quick search turned this up:
http://blog.innerewut.de/articles/2006/04/21/scali...
apache-2-2-mod_proxy_balancer-and-mongrel

We have a hw load balancer and are load balancing apache processes and
will soon load balance all the monrels using this too. Outside request
-> LB -> [Apache 1, Apache 2, etc] -> LB -> [Machine 1 Mongrel 1,
Machine 2 Mongrel 1, etc].

Fredrik
1da1fa9da041606ca86bac35fb9e4dbe?d=identicon&s=25 santhu (Guest)
Hi Darushin/Bill ,

First of all thanks for the valuble information. I'm looking for some
explicit steps required to set up a distributed "mongrel cluster [I
mean a multi machine set up]" (I'm not not using capastrino :-( for
the time being) . Please help me
Best regards,
Santhu
Hi Santhu,

I'm replying just so you don't think I'm ignoring you.  There are folks
here
on this list, like Darushin, who can help.  It's way over my head,
though.
If you don't find the help you need here, the experts are at
rails-deploy.

Best regards, and good luck,
Bill
1da1fa9da041606ca86bac35fb9e4dbe?d=identicon&s=25 santhu (Guest)
Hi Fredrik,

Thanks for the great help, it started working for me. Now its too late
here, will continue tommorrow.
Looking forward for more help......

best regards,
Santhosh .TR
66e6d8d31b394eb230896caafd79beb0?d=identicon&s=25 Darushin (Guest)
on 2007-01-29 19:26
santhu wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Machine A: has Apache 2.2 doing load balancing, also has DB and 8
> mongrel processes I'm using mongrel_cluster . Now, I want to run
> Mongrels on Machine's B and C (ie Cluster 3 Mongrels in three
> different machines). Is this possible? If possible then, please
> describe me the steps required (I'm using windows machines, and
> already losdt one week :-( )
>
> Best regards,
> Santhu

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/apache.html

I think that guide should help you get your hardware going. If you have
issues post them and we will see what we can do.

Ben