Forum: Ruby Re: Recommendation for Simple GUI Development

91e1fb8bd265b7629491ab64c42f0906?d=identicon&s=25 Reid Thompson (Guest)
Apologies if this ends up being a duplicated -- Seems like posts from me
the past couple of days have been being redirected >/dev/null or
Trying from a different account.

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 11:15 +0900, billbell52 wrote:
 > I am looking for a quick easy GUI development capability that runs on
 > both Windows and Linux.  Today, I am using Excel's VBA to create a
 > and using that to control running the Ruby scipts.   It is a simple
 > minute job to create a GUI to control different Ruby scripts and I
 > Excel to report back results.   I would like to have the same
 > that runs on Linux and Windows.  I thought I would use QT4 from
 > Trolltech.  They have a nice GUI  development environment that allows
 > you to quickly develop a GUI but I cannot find any Ruby GEM that
 > QT4 to Ruby on the PC - so no go.  I looked at some other solutions
 > all of the them seem to required a lot of development time to create
 > the GUI.
 > I need widgets like a tabbed panel, listbox, combobox, optionbox,
 > checkbox, textbox
 > Any other recommendations?

Ruby-GNOME2 && glade for windows