Forum: GNU Radio Ethernet UDP source/sink blocks

8cc60441dc67b4e59421ebe95dc63c23?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Rondeau (Guest)
I just checked in a set of UDP source and sinks into the GNU Radio.
are designed to create a minimal operating UDP stream between two hosts,
mostly for proof-of-concept testing. While you can do all of this in
and the file_descriptor_sX, these should be easier to manipulate as they
much of the socket creation and exception handling for you.

Note: these blocks have no concept of flow control and lost and dropped
packets can easily occur. These blocks are meant to give you access to
streams, but you have to use them wisely.

As examples, I created a couple of examples that were placed in
python/hier/networking as they are implemented with the new hierarchical
blocks. One pair allows you to send a dial tone between hosts and the
pair shows how to use it with vector data.

Someone asked about multicasting. I haven't done much with multicast
but wouldn't this be easily doable by using a multicast address for the
address? Or is there something specific that I'm missing with this?

Aed4de86bda84c7b1c5032905775f64d?d=identicon&s=25 M. Ranganathan (Guest)
Cool! Can I use a UDP Sink to encapsulate demodulated FM into UDP
packets for transmission over a network?
M. Ranganathan wrote:
> Cool! Can I use a UDP Sink to encapsulate demodulated FM into UDP
> packets for transmission over a network?
You should, in  a little bit. Just wanted to let everyone know that
there is a fairly major bug in the operation of this code where bytes
are lost depending on the speed of the flowgraph. I'll work this out
later this week when I get back in my lab and have some time.