Forum: GNU Radio On-site Training Now Available for GNU Radio and USRP

Cec0a4bf0e0575f3a3171892e6097e59?d=identicon&s=25 Johnathan Corgan (Guest)
Corgan Enterprises now offers a two-day, on-site training course for
beginning and intermediate GNU Radio software and USRP users.

The format is a combined lecture/lab session covering topics such as:

* Introduction to Software Defined Radio and basic Digital Signal
Processing concept review

* Overview of GNU Radio, including software data-flow architecture and
available functionality

* Overview of the Universal Software Radio Peripheral (USRP), including
hardware design, FPGA block diagram, daughterboard selection and use,
and GNU Radio support

* Walk-through explanation and demonstration of several existing GNU
Radio examples, with and without using the USRP

* Participating in the GNU Radio community, using the various tools on
the website and accessing the mailing list.

The lab portion of the class covers:

* How to install and create a working development system - get
productive quickly

* How to create new GNU Radio applications in Python using existing
building blocks

* How to write new signal processing blocks in C++ (advanced users)

Course content can be customized based on your individual needs,
availability of development workstations at your site, and number of
participants.

This training is given by Johnathan Corgan, the GNU Radio release
manager, repository manager, and a lead contributor.

Follow this link for contact information and inquiries:

http://corganenterprises.com

-Johnathan
Cf1f87de124043f2da6c95cfc293358e?d=identicon&s=25 Eric A. Cottrell (Guest)
Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> Corgan Enterprises now offers a two-day, on-site training course for
> beginning and intermediate GNU Radio software and USRP users.
Hello,

Sounds interesting.  Is there any off-site training for GNU Radio and
USRP?  Maybe in connection with DCC or other event?  Somehow I think
on-site training for one person will be rather expensive. 8)

73 Eric
Eric A. Cottrell wrote:

> Sounds interesting.  Is there any off-site training for GNU Radio and
> USRP?  Maybe in connection with DCC or other event?  Somehow I think
> on-site training for one person will be rather expensive. 8)

I'm not aware of anything formal that exists now.

Eric, Matt, and I are looking into it and trying to judge demand for a
"deep immersion" class that goes beyond just GNU Radio/USRP and more
fully covers SDR, DSP, and RF design in general, using GR/USRP as
teaching aids.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Enterprises LLC
Johnathan Corgan wrote:

> I'm not aware of anything formal that exists now.
>
> Eric, Matt, and I are looking into it and trying to judge demand for a
> "deep immersion" class that goes beyond just GNU Radio/USRP and more
> fully covers SDR, DSP, and RF design in general, using GR/USRP as
> teaching aids.
Hello,

I am interested.  I have just enough knowledge of SDR, DSP, and RF to be
interested in using it but not enough to really do anything useful.
Within two months is the 20 year mark of my employment at my current
employer and I was thinking of asking for a sabbatical for professional
development.  Classes would be great.

73 Eric
Aed4de86bda84c7b1c5032905775f64d?d=identicon&s=25 M. Ranganathan (Guest)
I would be very  interested in off site training with the rough outline
you have below. Web-based distance education would be great. I am
possibly one of two people interested in Gnu Radio in my organization.
On site training would be difficult to justify to the bean counters for
just two people.

Ranga
Eeb671d8ef71a79d0bf5fcacd163083a?d=identicon&s=25 Sharmila Kannangara (Guest)
I agree with Ranga.  Web based distance learning would
be great.  I am over on the east coast and probably
the only person interested in USRP at this time for my
company, so face to face training is out of the
question.

Sharmila

--- "M. Ranganathan" <mranga@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ranga
> training for GNU Radio and
> judge demand for a

Finding fabulous fares is fun.
Let Yahoo! FareChase search your favorite travel sites to find flight
and hotel bargains.