Re: is ruby pango right for this? (Kouhei Sutou)

(re:
Message: 2
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:44:12 +0900 (JST)
From: Kouhei S. [email protected]
Subject: Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] is ruby pango right for this?
)

thank you — yes, this is exactly why I thought to use Pango. How
do I limit which font files it can inspect in this manner? (Sorry if
this sounds stupid but, I really don’t know!)

relevant code:
require ‘gtk2’

families = Gtk::Invisible.new.pango_context.families
p families.collect {|family| family.name}

Join SourceForge.net’s Techsay panel and you’ll get the chance to share
your

In [email protected]
“Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] is ruby pango right for this? (Kouhei
Sutou)” on Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:22:33 -0500,
“Robbie Muffin” [email protected] wrote:

thank you — yes, this is exactly why I thought to use Pango. How
do I limit which font files it can inspect in this manner? (Sorry if
this sounds stupid but, I really don’t know!)

I think you can’t. It seems that Pango is designed to hide
the layer.

Thanks,

kou