Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 Re: is ruby pango right for this? (Kouhei Sutou)

5100e8da795266b4f3927a694f5775e4?d=identicon&s=25 Robbie Muffin (robbiemuffin)
(re:
Message: 2
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 23:44:12 +0900 (JST)
From: Kouhei Sutou <kou@cozmixng.org>
Subject: Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] is ruby pango right for this?
)

thank you  --- yes, this is exactly why I thought to use Pango.  How
do I limit which font files it can inspect in this manner? (Sorry if
this sounds stupid but, I really don't know!)

relevant code:
   require 'gtk2'

   families = Gtk::Invisible.new.pango_context.families
   p families.collect {|family| family.name}

In <370a7cce0701230922o28d873aey7b173fd34be5c88e@mail.gmail.com>
  "Re: [ruby-gnome2-devel-en] is ruby pango right for this? (Kouhei
Sutou)" on Tue, 23 Jan 2007 12:22:33 -0500,
  "Robbie Muffin" <artrigue@gmail.com> wrote:

> thank you  --- yes, this is exactly why I thought to use Pango.  How
> do I limit which font files it can inspect in this manner? (Sorry if
> this sounds stupid but, I really don't know!)

I think you can't. It seems that Pango is designed to hide
the layer.

kou

your
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p...