Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] New Rails Site

2ac0062967cbf9dbd46f0fb9d6b27a35?d=identicon&s=25 Gerard Gualberto (Guest)
on 2007-01-23 16:44 is a new website that provides an easy, comprehensive,
and personal way to plan an at-home party. MyPunchbowl offers an
innovative user interface for every phase of planning. Hosts and guests
now have a web application to effortlessly plan and socialize before and
after a party. Key features include 'save the date' to inform guests
early in the planning process, the ability to create customized invites
with a personal photo, stress- free RSVP to ensure a personal
interaction between host and guest, a helpful party store locator, and
numerous "after-party" features. Sign up for a free account at

This group has been an invaluable resource in the development of
MyPunchbowl. Thanks.

83ca41657a99b65d99889abe712ba5e2?d=identicon&s=25 Jason Roelofs (Guest)
Very clean looking site, and a good idea.

Kudos on the 'personalized messages to invitation email'. A seemingly
obvious idea that no-one seems to implement.

855c677aca7319a44da19fb583b9f320?d=identicon&s=25 Nicolas Cavigneaux (Guest)
Le 23 janv. 07 à 16:44, Gerard Gualberto a écrit :

> is a new website that provides an easy, comprehensive,
> and personal way to plan an at-home party.

Seems cool, which plugin are you using to handle Google Maps (doesn't
geoloc works well ?)
Nicolas Cavigneaux
A2c85dc5ee81b12e3cc0a6522e8d079d?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Hall (au5lander)
neat idea, nice look.

one suggestion: add a way to generate directions from a location
within your map. for instance, i don't necessarily know how to get to
the party location from wherever i am.  i enter my address and google
maps provides the directions which i can then print.

also, is there rsvp functionality?  i didn't see it in the examples.

great job.