Forum: Ruby help reading/writing from/to excel files

B0dfaef0b1380178a8b39b34cc65658a?d=identicon&s=25 Rod Richenberg (yodadbl07)
on 2007-01-23 04:01
Hello everyone, I am new to ruby and was wondering if anyone could help
me out with opening an excel file, reading a value from a specific cell,
saving that to another pre existing excel file into a specific cell.

thanks
rjr
4ddec808f0c803e7365386e9307808ea?d=identicon&s=25 Glen Pfeiffer (Guest)
---- Rod Richenberg wrote:
> Hello everyone, I am new to ruby and was wondering if anyone
> could help me out with opening an excel file, reading a value
> from a specific cell, saving that to another pre existing
> excel file into a specific cell.

Hello Rod and welcome to Ruby! You will find that this is a very
helpful community. However, we do ask that you do a little
searching before you ask your questions. There have been many
questions by other just like yourself on the topic of interacting
with Excel.

So search the archives, and search google. If you are still
having problems, please post a follow up question. Here are two
links to get you started:

http://www.ruby-forum.com/search?query=excel&forum...

http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/...