Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Subtlety: RSS For Your SVN

B8dbb1987e8e5318584865f880036796?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Wanstrath (defunkt)
Hello folks,

As many of us are using Piston (or SVK) to manage our Rails plugins, I
thought I'd put out a plug for my newest creation.  It is Subtlety.

Subtlety takes a remote, public subversion repository (http:// or
svn://) and gives you an RSS feed of the changes. That's it.  Helpful
if you're using an obscure plugin whose author doesn't keep a Trac or
Rubyforge page and you want to stay abreast of changes.

Subtlety:
  http://subtlety.errtheblog.com/

The redundant blog post explaining what I just explained:
  http://errtheblog.com/post/701

Thanks.  If you find any bugs or strangeness, feel free to e-mail me
off-list.

--
Chris Wanstrath
http://errtheblog.com

> Subtlety:
>   http://subtlety.errtheblog.com/
>
> The redundant blog post explaining what I just explained:
>   http://errtheblog.com/post/701
>
> Thanks.  If you find any bugs or strangeness, feel free to e-mail me off-list.
>
> --

Very nice, this will definitely be useful.

thanks Chris,

Rob
B84d42a3a5c343f8fc6ab7d7f47fd3f5?d=identicon&s=25 Robby Russell (Guest)
Chris Wanstrath wrote:
> Subtlety:
>   http://subtlety.errtheblog.com/
>
> The redundant blog post explaining what I just explained:
>   http://errtheblog.com/post/701
>
> Thanks.  If you find any bugs or strangeness, feel free to e-mail me off-list.

Chris,

Cool, I was just thinking about building something like for our internal
stuff. Any chance that you'll be releasing this?

Our team is using an irc window (drb+svn+rbot) to see changes across
projects, but a RSS feed of our client work with more details in the
body is something I'm hoping for. Sadly, the stuff isn't public so I
can't use Subtlety.

Thanks,

Robby

--
Robby Russell
http://www.robbyonrails.com/
B8dbb1987e8e5318584865f880036796?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Wanstrath (defunkt)

> Cool, I was just thinking about building something like for our internal
> stuff. Any chance that you'll be releasing this?

A few people have expressed interest in extending Subtlety for their
own devious purposes.  I've updated the blog post with information on
how to get the code and alternative options.

http://errtheblog.com/post/701

Enjoy.

--
Chris Wanstrath