Forum: Ruby on Rails [ANN] Ruby-GetText-Package-1.9.0

9fe908f5593444a40be14a424c372e58?d=identicon&s=25 Masao Mutoh (Guest)

Ruby-GetText-Package-1.9.0 is now available.

 * Support Catalan(ca), Esperanto(eo)
 * Update translations: zh_CN, zh_TW, cs, nl, en, de, el, es, ja, ko,
pt_BR, ru.
 * Support Ruby on Rails-1.2.1.
 * Code cleanup and improved. Fixed bugs.

Thanks to:
    Antonio S. de A. Terceiro, David Espada, David Sulc, Gyoung-Yoon
    Joao Pedrosa, Malte Milatz, Menno Jonkers, Patrick Lenz, Yang Bob,
    Yuri Kozlov, Vassilis Rizopoulos

  Bug reports, suggestions and patches:
    Fabian Kreutz, KAKUTANI Shintaro, Mihnea Capraru, NANKI Haruo,
    pedro palazon, Tarmo Tanav

* Download

* Ruby-GetText-Package HOWTOs
* Ruby-GetText-Package HOWTO for Ruby on Rails
* Ruby-GetText-Package API Reference (RDoc)
* FAQ for Ruby-GetText-Package
* Ruby-GetText-Package documents for Translators

Screenshots in 13 language (Sample Rails blog) are:

What's this?

Ruby-GetText-Package is a Localization(L10n) Library and Tools which is
modeled after GNU gettext package.

The library converts the messages to localized messages properly using
client-side locale information. And the tools for developers support
to create, use, and modify localized the message files(message catalogs)

  * Simple APIs(similar GNU gettext)
  * rgettext command for creating po-files from files below:
       o ruby scripts
       o glade-2 XML file(.glade)
       o ERB file(.rhtml)
       o ActiveRecord (.rb)
  * rmsgfmt command for creating a mo-file from a po-file.
  * The po-file is compatible to GNU gettext.
    You can maintain these files to use GNU getext tools.
  * The mo-file is compatible to GNU gettext(msgfmt).
  * multi-textdomain supported.
    You can bind plural textdomains to a class/module.
  * CGI support (gettext/cgi)
  * ERB support (gettext/erb)
  * Ruby on Rails support (gettext/rails)

Status of translations
Catalan(ca)               - 1.9.0 (new)
Chinese(zh_CN)            - 1.9.0
Chinese(zh_TW)            - 1.9.0
Czech(cs)                 - 1.9.0
Dutch(nl)                 - 1.9.0
English(default)          - 1.9.0
Esperanto(eo)             - 1.9.0 (new)
Estonian(et)              - 1.8.0 (rails.po only)
French(fr)                - 1.8.0 (old)
German(de)                - 1.9.0
Greek(el)                 - 1.9.0
Spanish(es)               - 1.9.0
Italian(it)               - 1.6.0 (old)
Japanese(ja)              - 1.9.0
Korean(ko)                - 1.9.0
Portuguese(Brazil)(pt_BR) - 1.9.0
Russian(ru)               - 1.9.0
Swedish(sv)               - 0.8.0 (old)

Can you help us?/ Can we help you?
Join our ML if you are interested in:
* Improve Ruby-GetText-Package.
* Translators.
* Application/library owners who think to make your apps/libs L10n.
  If you send us your po-files, we'll translate it!
  # At least, a Japanese translator is available ;).

C004d67820a114e24ccf6f2ddaf5b236?d=identicon&s=25 Richard Livsey (Guest)

Great stuff.

You may already know, but there's a typo in the title of that page:

Thanks again for a great lib.

Richard Livsey
Head of Agile Development, CitySafe ....... CitySafe .. The Fitness Community (soon) ......... Blog : Musings of a Rails Developer
9fe908f5593444a40be14a424c372e58?d=identicon&s=25 Masao Mutoh (Guest)

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:28:16 -0000
"Richard Livsey" <> wrote:

> > Ruby-GetText-Package-1.9.0 is now available.
> >

> Great stuff.
> You may already know, but there's a typo in the title of that page:
> "Ruby-GetText-Pacakge"

Oops. Fixed.
# It's in the screenshot page, isn't it?