Forum: Ruby on Rails is the flash hash stored clientside or serverside?

525128e48ca2b4c7fb6176ea166fccfd?d=identicon&s=25 Eric G. (gotskill10)
on 2007-01-21 08:00
I wanted to use flashing to help ease the database calls between
browsing pictures in a set. I was wondering though if Flash is stored on
the clients computer or on the server.

Thanks in advance
70ca58d0e0e0eabbdb74d177417d09d7?d=identicon&s=25 augustlilleaas@gmail.com (Guest)
all session data (flash is just a "modified session var") is stored on
the server. The only thing stored client side (unless you specificly
set it) is the session id and a session key to validate the user.

On Jan 21, 8:00 am, Aryk Grosz <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>
8dad1ec4d769734583f45fbbee5cd009?d=identicon&s=25 Jeff Pritchard (jeffpritchard)
on 2007-01-21 18:16
Aryk Grosz wrote:
> I wanted to use flashing to help ease the database calls between
> browsing pictures in a set. I was wondering though if Flash is stored on
> the clients computer or on the server.
>
> Thanks in advance

snif, snif, do I smell cookies?

jp