Forum: Ruby on Rails Generate links with dashes in :id

5e460881ad00914fa8ca1ff0c5088b9a?d=identicon&s=25 fusemedia@gmail.com (Guest)
Hello All,

First, I'm a noob to rails and am working on my first site. I've been
playing with the routes and successfully setup custom ones. But how do
I have the routes replace the "+" with a "-" in :id, when rails
generates the link_to. I've search quite a bit and can't seem to find
the answer (Although I'm probably not using the right keywords, lol).

Thanks in advance,
Nick
Dfd6f9989147955682701da8227df8b4?d=identicon&s=25 Michael Wang (Guest)
fusemedia@gmail.com wrote:
> First, I'm a noob to rails and am working on my first site. I've been
> playing with the routes and successfully setup custom ones. But how do
> I have the routes replace the "+" with a "-" in :id, when rails
> generates the link_to. I've search quite a bit and can't seem to find
> the answer (Although I'm probably not using the right keywords, lol).

Why would you have a "+" in your :id which is normally an integer? Show
us some examples of what you are getting now and what you would like
them to be.

--
Michael Wang