Forum: Ruby on Rails is this group moderated in any way, and what's up with googl

Ccf272215de791321c8bdee9684ce447?d=identicon&s=25 surf (Guest)
I posted a message that I was willing to work for sort of cheap so I
could get more rails stuff on my resume. The post does not seem to be
there however. I suspect it was removed ?

Also, messages posted after jan 9th don't seem to show up when you
google search them, not sure what's going on ? If I post a message that
has Boston in it, and then google for "Boston" to find it, it doesn't
show up. I used to just google my email to find my previous posts,
something with that has changed so it doesn't work either.
4daf0b71d5d9a3882e583c0e72eaf5dc?d=identicon&s=25 Alan Francis (Guest)
on 2007-01-19 17:01
surf wrote:
> I posted a message that I was willing to work for sort of cheap so I
> could get more rails stuff on my resume. The post does not seem to be
> there however. I suspect it was removed ?
>
> Also, messages posted after jan 9th don't seem to show up when you
> google search them, not sure what's going on ? If I post a message that
> has Boston in it, and then google for "Boston" to find it, it doesn't
> show up. I used to just google my email to find my previous posts,
> something with that has changed so it doesn't work either.

No, there's no moderation.  As far as Google is concerned, perhaps they
just haven't updated their cache.

I use http://www.ruby-forum.com/ to read the group, and it's up to date,
minute-by-minute if you're looking foir a web solution.
558a1355cd9f2584c80afdd92ec984d2?d=identicon&s=25 Shauna (Guest)
on 2007-01-20 02:27
> I use http://www.ruby-forum.com/ to read the group, and it's up to date,
> minute-by-minute if you're looking foir a web solution.

That's true, but its Search feature also doesn't find the latest posts,
I've found. I've learned not to count on Search for recent posts. Others
have complained from time to time about this problem, too.

Shauna
1caf2caa2872edcb15be0e52fd442bab?d=identicon&s=25 Per Velschow (Guest)
Google Groups has been working really poorly the last few days. Post
don't show up or they are massively delayed. It's rather frustrating.

However, I do not believe that this group is meant for posting any kind
of job announcements or applications. So if it was considered
off-topic, it may also have been removed, I guess.
Ccf272215de791321c8bdee9684ce447?d=identicon&s=25 surf (Guest)
well, it was because I posted $25/hr for one. There are posts on here
for companies looking for developers that have not been removed.