Forum: Ruby Loading screens

C5f924d525edb35300456d2ae343e0e2?d=identicon&s=25 Hunter Walker (siguva)
on 2007-01-18 06:57
This is a random question, but I am a noob.  Can anyone recommend some
good "loading" or "Processing" screens.  I'd like for my users to see
something than just wait around.  My process should complete easily
within 20 secs.

The easier to implement the screen the better!  As always thanks for
your help!
Fc784eadb3b54531fdc3d2053db6f83f?d=identicon&s=25 Mat Schaffer (Guest)
On Jan 18, 2007, at 12:58 AM, Hunter Walker wrote:

> This is a random question, but I am a noob.  Can anyone recommend some
> good "loading" or "Processing" screens.  I'd like for my users to see
> something than just wait around.  My process should complete easily
> within 20 secs.
>
> The easier to implement the screen the better!  As always thanks for
> your help!

What kind of application?
-Mat
C5f924d525edb35300456d2ae343e0e2?d=identicon&s=25 Hunter Walker (siguva)
on 2007-01-18 17:14
Mat Schaffer wrote:
> On Jan 18, 2007, at 12:58 AM, Hunter Walker wrote:
>
>> This is a random question, but I am a noob.  Can anyone recommend some
>> good "loading" or "Processing" screens.  I'd like for my users to see
>> something than just wait around.  My process should complete easily
>> within 20 secs.
>>
>> The easier to implement the screen the better!  As always thanks for
>> your help!
>
> What kind of application?
> -Mat

Just a website for a small number of users.  Any sort of active
graphical loading screening is good.  Like a progress bar or....

Thanks!