Forum: Rails Engines List of Engines

2174d1aa1895f743aa4e7f1b422d2d75?d=identicon&s=25 Peter Nordlund (Guest)
on 2007-01-17 17:14
Hi:

I am new to Engines just exploring things.. I wonder if any one would
help me a bit..

1. Is there any Engine List? i.e. all currently available engines? I
couldn't find it in rails-engine.org website.
2. Now that the latest engine code is not 1.1.6 compatible does that
mean the login-engine and user-engine is out of sync with current trunk?
i.e. I need to have 1.1.6 rails to run..
3. Is there any admin-engine?

Thanks for your help.
34f5b045aec62235c17458650ea75353?d=identicon&s=25 Steve Koppelman (hatless)
on 2007-01-28 21:17
James has decided (or finally articulated the view he's had all along)
that prebuilt engines are not the point of the Engines framework and
that any Engines out there, even the ones hosted, promoted and
documented on rails-engies.org during the past year or so, are just for
demonstration and learning purposes and can lose support without notice.
The point of Engines is to share your own Engines between your own
applications.

As someone foolish enough to deploy two apps that use LoginEngine and
suddenly faced with writing my own replacement auth system before I can
migrate them to Rails 1.2, I would be wary of using any prebuilt Engines
for a real application, nifty as they and the Engines concept may be.