Forum: Ruby on Rails Beginning Ruby on Rails E-Commerce: best book to learn test?

3d1a70ebd35ac970e009e01599603b46?d=identicon&s=25 koloa (Guest)
on 2007-01-17 15:54
hi, i am finally done the coding part of my rails application and now in
the testing phase. i know now that my next rails project, im going to
code and test at the same time!

anyways, ive been reading that the e-commerce book for rails does heavy
testing. is this book recommended to help me understand how to run and
create test procedures for my application?

thanks.
F922bc54491a2cf5513be2bf8ff8e6e1?d=identicon&s=25 Reginald LeBeaufont (Guest)
on 2007-01-17 18:06
koloa wrote:

> anyways, ive been reading that the e-commerce book for rails does heavy
> testing. is this book recommended to help me understand how to run and
> create test procedures for my application?

The eCommerce book is awesome, and yes it includes testing right from
the start.
31fdda5f38fc6df4e193cfb7445ddc5a?d=identicon&s=25 Richard (Guest)
I agree that eCommerce is awesome, but it could be tough for a
Rails/MySQL newbie.  It'll be fine for Kola because he's already done a
lot of coding in Rails.

I started with "Agile Web Development with Rails" and then "Ruby for
Rails".  After reading a little of those books, and a little of "Rails
Recipes",  I really appreciated finding eCommerce.

HTH,
Richard