Forum: Ruby help me..Urgent...

C3d386eefbadf4d1cb72ab5bc6c94a1d?d=identicon&s=25 Anjum Pathan (Guest)
Hi all...
PLZ help me
I am new to both ruby and rails.
I was trying to install rails on My FC5 machine but it didn't succeed...

I have successfully installed latest version of Ruby on my machine, and
Gems
too....
When I use command
         "gem install rails --include-dependencies"
I get following error...

   "ERROR:  While executing gem ... (SocketError)
       getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name resolution "

Can anybody solve my problem as early as possible????

Thanks & Regards,
On 1/17/07, Anjum Pathan <anjum.pathan@gmail.com> wrote:

>    "ERROR:  While executing gem ... (SocketError)
>        getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name resolution "

A lot of times all you need to do is try again.  There is some work
being done with the gems system  right now though, so you might be
experiencing problems because of that.

You should also be sure to run gems as root.
97550977337c9f0a0e1a9553e55bfaa0?d=identicon&s=25 Jan Svitok (Guest)
On 1/17/07, Anjum Pathan <anjum.pathan@gmail.com> wrote:

>    "ERROR:  While executing gem ... (SocketError)
>        getaddrinfo: Temporary failure in name resolution "
>
> Can anybody solve my problem as early as possible????
>
> Thanks & Regards,

Hi,

it's either that (1) you have a network problem, or that (2) rubyforge
gems are currently disabled due to security problem (see the long
thread about poisoned hoe for details). I don't know whether this has
been already resolved.
560c83ff6b6600e39315a1cf75b7c229?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Copeland (Guest)
On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 18:38 +0900, Jan Svitok wrote:
> it's either that (1) you have a network problem, or that (2) rubyforge
> gems are currently disabled due to security problem (see the long
> thread about poisoned hoe for details). I don't know whether this has
> been already resolved.

Gems are still working, it's just that since Sunday new gems are not
being deployed.  Hopefully I will be able to fix this today.

Yours,

Tom
75da740d43c5780539214f24ce1148a6?d=identicon&s=25 Jean Helou (Guest)
To make gem work through a proxy all you have to do is  :
export http_proxy="http://<proxy_address>:<proxy_port>/"

in the shell before you run the gem command. I might be completely
wrong but it looks like a DNS problem more than a proxy problem to me.

cheers
jean
D86ec78a7a258246684d15e09e51a170?d=identicon&s=25 Sharon Phillips (Guest)
> This is often a sign your internet access is through a proxy server.
Existing account

No account? Register here.