Forum: Ruby Publishing a gem

D0cd6b10e01bacb976b3b815a9c660bc?d=identicon&s=25 Alex Wayne (squeegy)
on 2007-01-17 00:21
I have a gem, all packaged and ready for installation, on rubyforge.
But I seems to be missing one step.

I uploaded the first gem more than 24 hours ago and remote installation
of the gem still fails.  Is there something I need to do to get the gem
index to list the gem?  Or do I just put the gem file on rubyforge and
it's all auto handled from there?

Thanks for the help,
-Alex
9a4ae17201525474ec26e5d89b66477e?d=identicon&s=25 Michael P. Soulier (Guest)
On 1/16/07, Alex Wayne <rubyonrails@beautifulpixel.com> wrote:
> I have a gem, all packaged and ready for installation, on rubyforge.
> But I seems to be missing one step.
>
> I uploaded the first gem more than 24 hours ago and remote installation
> of the gem still fails.  Is there something I need to do to get the gem
> index to list the gem?  Or do I just put the gem file on rubyforge and
> it's all auto handled from there?

It's supposed to be automatic. It was for mine.

Mike
560c83ff6b6600e39315a1cf75b7c229?d=identicon&s=25 Tom Copeland (Guest)
On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 08:21 +0900, Alex Wayne wrote:
> I have a gem, all packaged and ready for installation, on rubyforge.
> But I seems to be missing one step.
>
> I uploaded the first gem more than 24 hours ago and remote installation
> of the gem still fails.  Is there something I need to do to get the gem
> index to list the gem?  Or do I just put the gem file on rubyforge and
> it's all auto handled from there?

This process has been temporarily suspended, more details are on this
thread:

Should resume in the next day or so.

Yours,

Tom