Forum: GNU Radio CDMA support in GNU Radio

Bb3ff9c86361ea921a64632a4c46e824?d=identicon&s=25 Trond Danielsen (Guest)
Hi everyone!

I just wondered if anyone else has experimented with CDMA in GNU
Radio? I tried searching through the code, but could not find
anything. My plan is to create a custom despreading code block, and
just multiply this with the received signal. The BW of the spread
signal is 2 MHz, so that should be within the limitations of GNU Radio
and USRP. Any objections to this approach, or hints on what I should
do different?

Thanks for reading this,
--
Trond Danielsen
5d06d3eac11f8356328f4f353c6eee23?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Kilgour (Guest)
Trond Danielsen wrote:
> The BW of the spread
> signal is 2 MHz, so that should be within the limitations of GNU Radio
> and USRP.

AFAIK channel BW is 1.25MHz for the cdma2000 family, and closer to 4MHz
for W-CDMA.  Which standard are you thinking of working with?
2007/1/16, Chris Kilgour <techie@whiterocker.com>:
> Trond Danielsen wrote:
> > The BW of the spread
> > signal is 2 MHz, so that should be within the limitations of GNU Radio
> > and USRP.
>
> AFAIK channel BW is 1.25MHz for the cdma2000 family, and closer to 4MHz
> for W-CDMA.  Which standard are you thinking of working with?

I am creating a GPS receiver, therefore the interest in CDMA.

--
Trond Danielsen
215bb6215562d618038629f77d4f4a83?d=identicon&s=25 xiao xiao (xx992820)
Trond Danielsen wrote in post #190184:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I just wondered if anyone else has experimented with CDMA in GNU
> Radio? I tried searching through the code, but could not find
> anything. My plan is to create a custom despreading code block, and
> just multiply this with the received signal. The BW of the spread
> signal is 2 MHz, so that should be within the limitations of GNU Radio
> and USRP. Any objections to this approach, or hints on what I should
> do different?
>
> Thanks for reading this,
> --
> Trond Danielsen

hi Trond Danielsen
i would like to experiment with mc-cdma in GNU Radio,do u have any
experience,thank you !
4260d89c0282fe204cd4766f29475d10?d=identicon&s=25 usama s. (usama_s)
on 2011-11-20 23:44

> hi Trond Danielsen
> i would like to experiment with mc-cdma in GNU Radio,do u have any
> experience,thank you !

Hi plz can you share some ideas of mc cdma in gnuradio with me.
waiting for you reply
215bb6215562d618038629f77d4f4a83?d=identicon&s=25 xiao xiao (xx992820)
on 2011-11-26 12:55
usama s. wrote in post #1032828:

>> hi Trond Danielsen
>> i would like to experiment with mc-cdma in GNU Radio,do u have any
>> experience,thank you !
>

> Hi plz can you share some ideas of mc cdma in gnuradio with me.
> waiting for you reply

Hi usama_s. i think DSSS maybe a good choice.The most difficult point is
synchronism. i am learning how to implement,we can communicate with each
other
4260d89c0282fe204cd4766f29475d10?d=identicon&s=25 usama s. (usama_s)
on 2011-11-28 14:32
xiao xiao wrote in post #1033794:
> usama s. wrote in post #1032828:
>>>
>>> hi Trond Danielsen
>>> i would like to experiment with mc-cdma in GNU Radio,do u have any
>>> experience,thank you !
>>

>> Hi plz can you share some ideas of mc cdma in gnuradio with me.
>> waiting for you reply
>
> Hi usama_s. i think DSSS maybe a good choice.The most difficult point is
> synchronism. i am learning how to implement,we can communicate with each
> other

Dear xiao xiao . Are you spreading with any built-in block or you are
making new (Your own) . i am confuse with spreading the signal how to
spread each bit with 8 or 16 bit.

Thank you