Forum: Ruby on Rails Why No installation steps available for Rails standalone?

Dceaec1a261def58150c0e622b05a958?d=identicon&s=25 S.Kumar (Guest)
on 2007-01-16 13:07
Hello Friends,
 This is the 2nd time I'm posting this. I have downloaded Rails stand
alone package because it is 2.6MB. But there is no steps or readme
available for installing it. Can some one tell the how to install it?

InstantRails is 58MB. So I have chosen Rails Standalone.

Thanks
On 16 Jan 2007, at 13:07, S.Kumar wrote:

> This is the 2nd time I'm posting this. I have downloaded Rails stand
> alone package because it is 2.6MB. But there is no steps or readme
> available for installing it. Can some one tell the how to install it?
>
> InstantRails is 58MB. So I have chosen Rails Standalone.

I'm guessing the Rails standalone is just in case you already have
InstantRails installed, so you'll have to download instantrails anyhow.

Best regards

Peter De Berdt
6ef8cb7cd7cd58077f0b57e4fa49a969?d=identicon&s=25 Brian Hogan (Guest)
Search Google for "how to install Rails".  InstantRails is a prepackaged
Ruby / MySQL / Apache setup and is actually pretty light in terms of
size
for what's included.  There are plenty of instructions out there for
installing Rails all by yourself.