Forum: Ruby ruby syntax coloring in emacs

Dc4f7f77542d7f02509b58cb1bc7a85c?d=identicon&s=25 Colin Brander (colinbrander)
on 2007-01-16 03:49
Hi. Could someone please explain how to get ruby syntax coloring in
emacs? I'm running Mac OS X and I'm sort of new to emacs in general (I
know how to use a few emacs key bindings, but I don't really know
anything about elisp files). Thanks!
526d60de6472502bb570a9df2842b33b?d=identicon&s=25 Nick Sieger (Guest)
On 1/15/07, Colin Brander <colonbrander@mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi. Could someone please explain how to get ruby syntax coloring in
> emacs? I'm running Mac OS X and I'm sort of new to emacs in general (I
> know how to use a few emacs key bindings, but I don't really know
> anything about elisp files). Thanks!

Probably http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?InstallingEmacsExtensions ,
except
the site is loading slowly right now.  Maybe check google for a cached
copy.

/Nick
A8486651a974d7d9ecc35d25de96c7ee?d=identicon&s=25 Chris Lowis (chrislo)
on 2007-01-16 09:50
Colin Brander wrote:
> Hi. Could someone please explain how to get ruby syntax coloring in
> emacs? I'm running Mac OS X and I'm sort of new to emacs in general (I
> know how to use a few emacs key bindings, but I don't really know
> anything about elisp files). Thanks!

I think Carbon Emacs and AquaMacs both bundle the ruby-mode. So you
should get syntax highlighting out of the box. You might need :
(global-font-lock-mode t)

in your .emacs (or set using M-x customize-variable RET
global-font-lock-mode ).

Regards,

Chris
Existing account