Forum: Ruby on Rails Newbie after Depot apps

54ceebce9887c179f7ff901af8f279f2?d=identicon&s=25 Fred (Guest)
on 2007-01-11 21:18
Hi:

I am a newbie to ruby as well as rails. Just finished the depot
application. Before I start writing application I thought it would be a
good idea to download a open source version of a simple app and try to
modify it. What I have in mind is a  - "To Do list" cos this is fun,
small and I can also use it so I would appreciate if any one know any
open source to do list rails app?

Thanks again for your help
2da252cc1d2fb3701126171831b50a65?d=identicon&s=25 Dave Coleman (pezdude)
on 2007-01-11 23:09
Fred wrote:
> I would appreciate if any one know any
> open source to do list rails app?

There are a bunch of apps available via last years rails day.

Example app: http://svn.railsday2006.com/railsday/team65/

Just change the team number to see a different project. Don't know if
there is a to-do list specifically, but it's a good place to look at
other peoples code/projects.

There used to be a team number list, but it seems to be down. Happy
hunting.

Dave
558a1355cd9f2584c80afdd92ec984d2?d=identicon&s=25 Shauna (Guest)
on 2007-01-12 01:27
Try this one:

http://www.rails4days.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Rails4Days.pdf

It's a tutorial that explains a lot as you build a ToDo List app. Check
out the screen shot on p. 23.

Shauna
54ceebce9887c179f7ff901af8f279f2?d=identicon&s=25 Fred (Guest)
on 2007-01-12 06:04
Shauna wrote:
> Try this one:
>
> http://www.rails4days.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Rails4Days.pdf
>
> It's a tutorial that explains a lot as you build a ToDo List app. Check
> out the screen shot on p. 23.
>
> Shauna

Actaully I googled and found some of this the problem is most of them
are outdated and gives me error as I have Rails 1.2RC2.

Dave thank you for the railsday link. I will try them.

Thank you both for you help.

Cheers