Forum: GNU Radio GSM BTS Tx Signals on USRP

Eeb671d8ef71a79d0bf5fcacd163083a?d=identicon&s=25 Sharmila Kannangara (Guest)
Hello,

I would like to use the USRP to generate some GSM BTS
transmit signals in the Cellular and PCS bands.

Has anyone tried to do this?  I see a lot of postings
for receiving GSM signals but nothing about
transmitting them.  Are there any issues with using
the USRP for this type of application?

Thanks,
Sharmila

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 03:20:33PM -0800, Sharmila Kannangara wrote:
> Thanks,
> Sharmila

I don't know of anyone who has tried this, but in principle there
shouldn't be a problem:

  "It's just a simple matter of programming"

Actually, assuming that you want your Tx coordinated with the Rx,
you'll need the not-yet-written code for precise timing synchronization.

Eric