Forum: Ruby Ruby + Glade

5bb446ffdee34a9820e2b8cc218853cd?d=identicon&s=25 Luis Felipe Strano Moraes (Guest)
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows about a tutorial
which explains how to use ruby and glade.

I searched on google and the archives of this mailing
list as well as I could, but I haven't found much.

--lf

--
"What comes and goes within those dull, dry pair of eyes
What he lost, what he gained ...
On 10/01/07, Luis Felipe Strano Moraes <luis.strano@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows about a tutorial
> which explains how to use ruby and glade.
>
> I searched on google and the archives of this mailing
> list as well as I could, but I haven't found much.

I don't know if there are any tutorials but I looked through the code
of Grism (http://www.grism.org) - a stock tracker app written in Ruby
and using Glade - and I learnt quite a bit.

Farrel
B9ed5979dec16e27d3a29020f1daecf4?d=identicon&s=25 RaW (Guest)
Luis Felipe Strano Moraes napisał(a):

> I was wondering if anyone knows about a tutorial
> which explains how to use ruby and glade.
>
> I searched on google and the archives of this mailing
> list as well as I could, but I haven't found much.

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?Ruby%2FLibglade
Ef48af8b07b976160c860ddec9aea55f?d=identicon&s=25 Cameron Matheson (cam)
hi luis,

On 1/10/07, Luis Felipe Strano Moraes <luis.strano@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knows about a tutorial
> which explains how to use ruby and glade.

the ruby binding to libglade comes w/ several examples (on my debian
box they're stored under /usr/share/doc/libglade2-ruby/examples.
basically it's super-intuitive though.  you just load your
glade-interface file into a variable w/ GladeXML.new and then that
variable acts as a hash that you access all your widgets from.

good luck,
cam