Forum: Ruby Updated One-click?

97550977337c9f0a0e1a9553e55bfaa0?d=identicon&s=25 Jan Svitok (Guest)
Hi all,

I was wondering, what's going on with one click? Is there going to be
a new release for 1.8.5-p12?

The mailing lists are pretty dead...

On a side note, shouldn't ruby-lang download page for windows point to
-p12 binary?

Jano
31ab75f7ddda241830659630746cdd3a?d=identicon&s=25 Austin Ziegler (austin)
On 1/10/07, Jan Svitok <jan.svitok@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering, what's going on with one click? Is there going to be
> a new release for 1.8.5-p12?

Yes.

The last time that people start kvetching about this, it was pointed
out that there's a significant amount of QA that needs to happen with
the Windows One-Click because it includes so much over and above just
Ruby. This could be sped up if someone had full-time responsibility
for the One-Click, but as with so much else in the Ruby world, Curt
only has part-time availability for the One-Click. Until people are
willing to start paying Curt enough that he doesn't have to keep his
current job (;, they should just chill out until he gets the new
release out.

BTW, you should be able to just drop in the binaries from the Japanese
win32 build and have it work (for now).

> The mailing lists are pretty dead...

Which mailing lists?

-austin
On 1/10/07, Austin Ziegler <halostatue@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/10/07, Jan Svitok <jan.svitok@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was wondering, what's going on with one click? Is there going to be
> > a new release for 1.8.5-p12?

Hi,
thanks for the answer.

> Yes.

In the meantime, I have seen the svn commits. Maybe I was too quick
asking...

> The last time that people start kvetching about this, it was pointed
> out that there's a significant amount of QA that needs to happen with
> the Windows One-Click because it includes so much over and above just
> Ruby. This could be sped up if someone had full-time responsibility
> for the One-Click, but as with so much else in the Ruby world, Curt
> only has part-time availability for the One-Click. Until people are
> willing to start paying Curt enough that he doesn't have to keep his
> current job (;, they should just chill out until he gets the new
> release out.

I agree, it's large amount of work... and I really appreciate it. I
just wanted to know if it's being worked on (even if slowly), or if it
is stopped. I'm sorry if I didn't formulate it as such.

> BTW, you should be able to just drop in the binaries from the Japanese
> win32 build and have it work (for now).
>
> > The mailing lists are pretty dead...
>
> Which mailing lists?

I was looking at mailinglists at rubyforge, and last posts were:

rubyinstaller-announce: one mail in aug 06 (announce 185-21)
rubyinstaller-devel 4 posts in july 06
rubyinstaller-users 1 unanswered post from dec 06, one thread in sept 06

Jano
C475cffda1800fbc3f3af17bc10c220f?d=identicon&s=25 Curt Hibbs (Guest)
On 1/10/07, Jan Svitok <jan.svitok@gmail.com> wrote:

> In the meantime, I have seen the svn commits. Maybe I was too quick
> asking...

Yeah, I'm working on it... should have something out in a week or two.

Curt