Forum: Ruby on Rails Searchable Map

Df6805f12a6120f840e218fd883958a6?d=identicon&s=25 Mark Dodwell (mkdynamic)
on 2007-01-03 21:39
I need to build a searchable map for one my client's sites. Anyone know
of any existing code/plugins for this in Rails?

PS. The map is a plan of their grounds, not like Google Map!
Eea7ad39737b0dbf3de38874e0a6c7d8?d=identicon&s=25 Justin Forder (Guest)
Mark Dodwell wrote:

> I need to build a searchable map for one my client's sites. Anyone know
> of any existing code/plugins for this in Rails?
>
> PS. The map is a plan of their grounds, not like Google Map!

You could start with the map example in the Pragmatic Ajax book:

   http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/title/ajax/

Part of that example is provided as a sample of the book content:

   http://media.pragprog.com/titles/ajax/ajaxian_maps.pdf

That sample should make it clear what the whole example delivers.

regards

   Justin Forder