Forum: Ruby Win32OLE: how to pass parameters by reference?

97550977337c9f0a0e1a9553e55bfaa0?d=identicon&s=25 Jan Svitok (Guest)
On 1/2/07, Jan Svitok <jan.svitok@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to call an OLE method that takes a VARIANT argument, and fills
> it with data. How can I accomplish this? Somewhere in the ruby-cvs
> attic I've found WIN32OLE_VARIANT, unfortunately it is removed now.
>
> Long obj.GetX(varX As Variant)
>
> long is success/error, varX is the actual value for X.
> invoke_kind of the method is FUNC.

I'll answer my own question:

Later I've even found that there's a .rd doc file, that doesn't made
it into rdoc.

Another place that would need more documentation, especially
WIN32OLE::ARGV